Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Seat, First Row


An inspiring story from Mrs. Tracy Jones yesterday:

"Today, I had the privilege of reporting to jury duty - serving our community. Even though I was not chosen for this specific trial, God always has a Gifted2Go opportunity right where you are. Please pray for a fellow jury person, I will call him 'first seat, first row." One of the attorneys was asking us potential jury participants questions about their client. When the attorney asked, 'My client is a strong Christian. Would her being a strong Christian cause any of you to have a bias towards her?' The one sitting in the 'first seat, first row' raised his hand and said, 'I would have trouble with this, because I have never been able to believe in God or understand how to believe in God. I do not believe in Him.'

"Thank God for a ten minute break, because God graciously opened up an opportunity for me to share a witnessing booklet (please keep a witnessing booklet in your purse or wallet to share with others) with 'first seat, first row.' He gladly received it. My heart was humbled and bursting with an urgency inside me at the same time! Thank God for the seeds of truth that were planted into the heart of 'first seat, first row!'

"Would you please join me in PRAYING that these seeds of salvation will be watered and produce SALVATION for 'first seat, first row?' God is faithful, and He has a plan and purpose for EVERYONE! 1 Corinthians 3:6-7 says it best, 'I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth' (New American Standard Bible). 2 Peter 3:9 also says it well, 'The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance' (New American Standard Bible). You are Gifted2Go. Share Jesus!"

Hope - Jeremiah 29:11-13
Believe - John 3:16
Turn - Acts 3:19
Call - Romans 10:9-10, 13