Thursday, October 25, 2012

Passionate Aim

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only on receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified" (1 Corinthians 9:24-27, New American Standard Bible).

What is your target? Where is your aim? What is your passion?

Aligning our passion with our aim contributes to meeting a goal. In a Christian's life, how does God fit into the picture?  The article "Passionate Aim" by Jaye Martin discusses these things and this verse on www.christianity.com. You can find it by clicking here.

Photo from discoverarchery.org.