Monday, June 13, 2011

wishy-washy

“Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.”  Ephesians 4:14, NIV

Every time I read this verse, I think of how wishy-washy I can be. One minute I think one thing, the next minute I change my mind and think something else. This passage isn’t really talking about changing our minds on the little things; it is about being blown by every wind of teaching that comes along. In a world that changes constantly, we must stand firm on what we believe and why.

Let’s be careful to not be tossed by every new idea or wind of teaching that comes along. Let’s commit to stay in the Word and to stay focused on the Word of God. Today let’s focus on living and sharing the Truth – rather than sharing the latest fad.