Thursday, April 17, 2014

lavished love

"I exalt You, my God the King, and praise Your name forever and ever…I will speak of Your splendor and glorious majesty and Your wonderful works. They will proclaim the power of Your awe-inspiring acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They will give a testimony of Your great goodness and will joyfully sing of Your righteousness" (Psalm 144:1, 5-7). 

Last weekend, I was in a wedding of one of my best friends from college and her husband. One of my favorite moments was at the rehearsal dinner when people gave toasts to wish the couple well. This was especially neat, since my friend has the love language of words of affirmation. Her now husband gave the last speech, and it was neat to see how he could go on and on about his soon bride-to-be. The whole weekend, in fact, the couple could be found showering compliments on each other.

One thing that I want to do this Easter is seek this deeper relationship with God where I just overflow in praise to Him. I think there is something powerful in thanking Him not only for blessings like family and friends, but also for who He is. It reminds us of how great He is, and it also gives worship and honor to Him. It can also be a witness to others that His people are comforted in His presence.

Kelli Martin
Let the memories and praise of Him resonate within you. It can do something within us and also can be such a witness to others to see how our Savior comforts us and refreshes us like cool springs. He loves us not just in mind - He loves us in action, words and truth, as we see when we remember the cross He sacrificed on for us. Yes, He loves us directly.

What are some reasons you have found peace in Him? What do His names mean? Praise Him for who He is. If you are going through a tough time, praise Him in advance. Let this love spill out and let others see that our Savior is here through the tough times and the good. He is always here to speak to us.

Let's remember the love that He lavishes on us, and let's lavish our Savior in love. He is risen! He is risen indeed.

Check out this song by All Sons and Daughters on YouTube: "Hear the Sound"