Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Found

Then Isaiah is so bold as to say,“I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.” But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.” Romans 10:20-21, ESV

I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me; I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, “Here am I, here am I,” to a nation that was not called by my name. I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; a people who provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens and making offerings on bricks; who sit in tombs, and spend the night in secret places. Isaiah 65:1-4a, ESV
 
I am reminded again this morning through Romans 10:20-21 (which comes from Isaiah 65), God shows Himself even to those who do not seek Him. All I can say is, "Glo-REH!!!" Amen! Lost is hard to watch. When we see our loved ones so desperate for attention, it is very hard to watch. When they have rejected the truth and love from God, our hearts cry for them. These verses remind me that God is still at work. We pray for people to seek Him but even when they don't, God is reaching out to love them, forgive them, and give them HOPE!

Let's never give up praying for those we love who need Jesus!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13, ESV