Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Just as you don't know the path of the wind, or how [bones] develop in the womb of a pregnant woman, so you don't know the work of God who makes everything. In the morning sow your seed, and at evening do not let your hand rest, because you don't know which will succeed, whether one or the other, or if both of them will be equally good" (Ecclesiastes 11:5-6, Holman Christian Standard Bible).

This book, Ecclesiastes, has encouraged me this week. As I've been reading it more, it's reminded me to trust God more. He is omniscient; He knows everything in the past, present, and future.  Colossians 3:23 reminds believers to work for the Lord. Our work can be done with peace and confidence in God's lead, knowing that His power is perfect in our weekness (2 Corinthians 12:19).

Today, I'm moving, and I was feeling pretty anxious earlier this week as I thought of things to do to prepare for it. It's relieving that we can rest in knowing that God can give us joy and strength as we go through whatever today. The Holy Spirit is with believers to help. I pray that we remember to trust in Him and to tell others about His work in our lives.