Saturday, January 7, 2012

Introducing Dana Martin

"And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart" (Eccl. 4:12, NASB).

Happy New Year!


I thank God for each of you, our faithful followers, who stick with us through thick and thin! I am grateful for you and for Tracy Jones, Sharon Beougher, and Kelli Martin who continue to blog, even when I am unfaithful. God bless Kristi McCartney who has a new family (three adopted children) who are calling for her time during this important season of life. The truth is, we are all over our heads in busy-ness.


I want you to know that this year brings many changes for me. I am transitioning from working for Southern Seminary as director of women's leadership into being the president and ceo of JML, as well as the president of JM Leaders Foundation. The launch will be in the summer and you will hear much more about God's provision and His direction for us at that time. The purpose of JML will be to provide resources and equip leaders in evangelism. We will do that as we network with partners like churches, state conventions, universities, and seminaries, as well as others.


In the meantime, the next few months hold some great challenges for me. I am working on my dissertation which will require 100% of my time. Thank God for patient and gracious men who are cheering me onward. Only God knows the outcome but I'm going to give it one last push and see what happens. Kelli is also in her last semester at Southern so a May graduation is in sight for her. She is officially in the market for a full-time ministry position using her expertise in Christian education, writing, strategic planning, and people-skills. Dana is cheering for us in numerous ways. We wouldn't be able to do what we do without him! Your prayers for all of us are coveted and appreciated.


Dana has been sharing with me all the things the Lord has been teaching him about prayer. He has also been asking how he could help me to press onward while I attempted to finish writing. I have asked him to blog a series of what he has been learning. So, it addition to hearing from Tracy, Sharon, Kelli, and occasionally from me, you will be hearing from Dana. I know it will bless you as much as it has blessed me.


I pray you are having a wonderful start to your year and look forward to revealing what's coming during the summer to come! Thanks for your prayers!


In His love and mine,
Jaye