Wednesday, December 12, 2012

All Misfits Welcome in God's Family

Is there someone that God has placed in the path of your life that may feel like a "misfit" and may need to know about the purposes that God has for their life?  Without Christ, we all feel like a misfit!!  I would encourage you to stop, take a few minutes to pray, and make a list of those in your life that need to know that God has a plan for their life.  In God's family everyone is welcome!
It is important to keep in mind that "misfits" tend to feel isolated where it can seem like they are forgotten and all alone?  Good News:  In God's Word we see some great promises of Hope that can be shared; ""'For I know that plans I have for you,'" declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and pray to me, and I will listed to you.  You will see me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)
As a Christian, you have the Good News of Jesus & Christmas to share with those that need Him!  During the season of Christmas, look for great opportunities to reach out to and include those that may need to be rescued by God from an island of isolation and have an opportunity to belong to The Body of Christ!!
Jesus was born in Bethlehem to give His life for the misfits. Jesus Loves & Cares About Everyone!! Jesus said, “Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? Go figure out what this Scripture means: ‘I’m after mercy, not religion.’ I’m here to invite outsiders, not coddle insiders.” Matthew 9:13 (MSG)