Thursday, October 10, 2013

God's Voice

- C.S. Lewis
"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you" (Isaiah 43:2a, NLT).

"And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20b, NLT).

The quote above from C.S. Lewis is one that I repinned on Pinterest earlier this week. I felt that God was in a moment of silence about something I've been praying about for a while, but I knew I still trusted Him. Even when we don't hear Him responding about a certain prayer, He is there.

Not long after that, God reminded me how He speaks. Several things began happening, and He brought verses like this to my attention: "The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD, over many waters" (Psalm 29:3, ESV). You see, God has a voice that can even thunder. The verses and things that have been happening this week came in such great timing. My Savior has spoken. 
Kelli Martin

God may seem silent, or His voice may seem like thunder. Either way, He can't go against His nature. He is Immanuel, God with us. 

As you go today, remember the second half of Matthew 28:20,"And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (NLT). It comes in great timing in the passage, at the end of the Great Commission. Let's praise God that He's at work not only in our lives but also around the world. Let's pray He reveals to us what He wants us to do next to be a part of His good, grand plan.

Recommended music: "Savior's Here" by Kari Jobe
Recommended reading: Psalm 29Matthew 28:18-20, Isaiah 43