Tuesday, April 27, 2010

God Has Set You Apart!

"...know that the Lord has SET APART the godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him." Psalm 4:3 NIV

I will never forget the first godly counsel that I received about being "set apart" as a first-generation Christian! As a new believer striving to be a new witness in the midst of learning how to be a Christian wife and mother, I first heard the words; "God has set you apart", and I needed to know what that meant. Christians are set apart to be "in the world but not of the world anymore" and we are just passing through this world on a mission to share Jesus with others and take as many of them with us to heaven...this was my first evangelism one on one training!

This sure helped me understand what I was feeling as a new Christian experiencing some of my first attacks from the enemy as he attacked me and tried to make me feel so alone and different! The good news is that as God's Witnesses...we are set apart in Jesus...we are different...and In Jesus we are NEVER alone but the path we travel will NOT look like the world's path that I had just been rescued from.

As a Christian, are you feeling like "you do not fit in"? Good News, those are "set apart" feelings as you are "in this world but not of this world" anymore!

In Psalm 4 David describes so well some of the circumstances and feelings that come with being set apart for God's Victory living and sharing Jesus with others that are searching searching like we once were!

I must close with writing the entire fourth Psalm as God is so faithful to speak and minister to each one of His Set Apart Saved Sisters right at the point of our NEED!! The Message paraphrase describes each word in modern day words that we can meditate upon...

Psalm 4 (the message paraphrase)
"When I call, you give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;
Now I am in trouble again: grace me! hear me! You rabble-how long do I put up with your scorn?... Look at this: look who got picked by God! (set apart) He listens that split second I call to Him. Complain if you must, but do not lash out. Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking. Build your case before God and wait for His verdict. Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say. "More, more." I have God's more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day than they get in all their shopping sprees. At the day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, For You, God, have put my life back together"!

http://www.utube.com/watch?v=7x2IpLSfqp8 (All to Jesus I Surrender!)
http://www.utube.com/watch?v=TI9RIbaa87I&feature=related (More Than Enough!)