Thursday, April 1, 2010

no greater love

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again."
John 10:17


Later in the passage, it says that some Jews thought Jesus was mad for saying this!

We may seem crazy to others as we live to follow Christ, but our God is worthy of our praise. It may seem that we are giving up "life." It is true that when we follow Christ, we are giving up a sort of life in the world, but life everlasting with Him is what we gain. We may not see the benefits while we are on earth, but God rewards us with everlasting life (see John 10:28).

It makes me think about how professional athletes or artists must feel. At some point, someone had to have thought they were crazy, since they probably had to practice much more so than others to be able to reach that level. We can worship Him, though, with a similar all-or-nothing attitude to live for Him.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).

Praise God that our God is alive and that He sent His Son to die for our sins. This week, I ask us to pray for those who do not know the Lord here in the states and in Pakistan. Best wishes for a happy Easter that is approaching!

"The Veil" by David Crowder Band - live music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-Jzvw1la8