Sunday, August 15, 2010



Birth has been on my mind much this week! Our firstborn son, Micah, turned ONE! It's been an amazing time of celebration and reflection. To think, this time last year I'd just gone through 24 hours of labor, recovery, and adjusting to life with a new little one. It was wonderful, such sweet times. When I think about "first birth" it always beckons me to ask the Lord for Micah's second birth, that Micah would be born again through the Gospel via the Spirit of Christ. That's the birth I am looking forward to Lord willing! This week I encourage you to reflect on those who need to be "born again" and ask for their salvation in Christ alone. Keep on doing the work of ministry.

John 3: 1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him." 3Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Let's pray that new life would come into someone's life this very week! And how about one more picture of the birthday boy?!