Thursday, August 26, 2010

Prince of Peace

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace"
(Isaiah 9:5-7, NIV).

God has shown me His leadership and faithfulness this week.  My week has started out feeling like a bit of a rush, since I have started new classes and a new job.  Papers are scattered across my desk, and I am still getting adjusted to waking up early to open the office where I am working.  However, God has been reminding me of His blessings all around, and He has been reminding me to rest and trust in Him.

He has given me a job that I did not think of looking for, where they train me and are taking the time to give me insider tips of how to roam the busy downtown scene.  In class, my teachers have given us time to read and absorb material before anything is due, and they are explaining things in more detail to make sure the other students and I understand.  It is a blessing, even though the week seems to be flying by! 

God  is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, and He knows what is going on in this world of people that He loves.  When we believe and trust in Him to take care of and guide us, He will, because we are His sons and daughters.  Praise God!  I pray that we continue to remember that we can rest in Him and share this with others in joy.

"Bring us love, You who are love.
Bring us peace, You who are peace.
We need love, oh, divine love.
We need your peace, merciful peace, yeah"
("Eastern Hymn," David Crowder Band).