Thursday, September 22, 2011

renewed minds

"{20} But that is not how you learned about the Messiah, {21} assuming you heard Him and were taught by Him, because the truth is in Jesus: {22} you took off your former way of life, the old man that is corrupted by deceitful desires;  {23} you are being renewed in the spirit of your minds; you put on the new man, the one created according to God's [likeness] in righteousness and purity of the truth." -Ephesians 4:20-23, HCSB

The other day, I was asked to explain part of Deuteronomy. My first thought was, "Wow... I have some reading to catch up on. Where's my head at?  Why don't I remember what's in Deuteronomy?"  As I read more of the book and some commentary, it was really refreshing to see how much God had to teach me through it.  

Is there something that you think God may be trying to teach us today? From the verses above, in Ephesians, I see how our faith in Jesus' sacrifice for us is how we can have a relationship with God.  God is intelligent, and even though we do not always think with a pure mind, He does, and He can reveal truths to us.

So, I pray we praise Him today, with what He has revealed to us so far and with what He reveals to us in the future.  And I pray we don't hesitate to share about our Savior, who can forgive what we've done against Him and can help us see how to live for Him.