Our world is full of people that are searching and starving for Jesus. People that need the Lord have many similar characteristics: empty, searching for peace, trapped in darkness, broken, rejected, without hope, wandering, searching for meaning, yearning for belonging, running from one thing to another, trying to fill their lives with constant activity, trying to escape reality, addicted to the things of this world, and on and on. Why do I know some of these characteristics? Because until I was a grown adult and someone shared Jesus with me, those characteristics described my daily lifestyle. You see, I was lost and without hope until I accepted Jesus as my Savior! Lost people look like lost people!!
Do you know Jesus? If you do not know Jesus, you can know Him right now, today, this very minute! He is looking over your life with His love. He knows those that are starving for peace and purpose that can only be found in Him! Here are some simple steps you can take to know Jesus:
- HOPE in HIM ♥ God has some things He'd like for you to know from His heart. God has great plans for you! Jeremiah 29:11-13 was written just for you as God says "'For I know the plans I have for you, ______________ (put your name in the blank)'" declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'"
- BELIEVE in HIM + God Loves You! John 3:16 was written just for you as God says, "For God so loved the world ______________ (put your name in the blank) that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." When you believe God sent Jesus to die on the cross for you and accept the forgiveness He offers, He will wipe your sins away. Then, the communication with God is open.
- TURN to HIM ^ God will forgive your wrongdoings and clean your heart! Acts 3:19 was written just for you as God says, "Turn to God, so that your ___________(put you name in the blank) sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." As you turn away from your sins and turn to God, He helps you make wise decisions. He wants the very best for you!
- CALL on HIM as LORD "HeartCall" God will give you a new heart. It's not enough just to know about Jesus. You must ask Him to lead your life and be your Lord. Romans 10: 9-10, 13 was written just for you as God says, "if you ___________(put you name in the blank) confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."!!
If you would like to ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, just call on Him by praying a simple prayer similar to this one from your heart: "Dear God, I know You have great plans for me and I want to place my hope in You. I believe You love me and sent Jesus to die on the cross for me. Please forgive me and help me turn from my wrongdoings. I want You to lead my life. Amen!"
If you prayed this prayer and meant it, God says you are now a follower of Him, a New Believer with A New Heart! 2 Corinthians 5:17 was written just for you as God says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, you are a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come."!
Please share with us of your life-changing decision to follow Christ so that we can rejoice with you, pray for you, and share a simple but wonderful New Believers Guide called "HeartCall: A New Heart", with you!
Now that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can know that He will help you every day and that when you die, you will go to heaven to live with Him forever! 1 John 5:13 was written just for you as God says, "I write these things to you _____________(put your name in the blank) who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life"!
You will also want to take the daily first steps as a follower of Christ:
- Share HeartTalk with others and tell them of your decision to follow Christ. God will be pleased and you will be His Witness!
- Join a Bible-believing church and follow Christ's example of baptism. You'll be blessed!
- Pray daily! Prayer is simply talking to God just like we talk to each other. Share with God why you love Him and about the things you are trusting Him for. He Always Listens!
- Read your Bible daily! If you do not have a Bible please let us know so that we can help you get one. As you start reading your Bible, a good place to start is 1 John (don't be embarrassed to look at the table of contents in the front of your Bible to find 1 John). Then read the Gospel of John. Ask God to help you understand what you are reading and He will help you!
Let us hear from you! We would LOVE to know of your decision, answer any questions you may have, support you, and/or pray for you!
"HeartTalk" witnessing booklets are a great tool to use in your personal witness, and in your church ministries for witness training/decision time. You can contact Jaye Martin Ministries by clicking on the e-mail option. (all of the written material above is from the "HeartTalk" Witnessing Booklet, written by Jaye Martin) Please contact us if you would like to purchase the "HeartTalk" Witnessing Booklets to share with others as His Witness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANiveIKVX0 (Come To Jesus - Chris Rice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0LM5e7EkJ0 (God of This City with lyrics - Chris Tomlin)
Please pass this post onto others as His "HeartTalk" witness!!