Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You Are His Witness!


"It’s news I’m most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God’s powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts Him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else! God’s way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: “The person in right standing before God by trusting Him really lives.”  Romans 1:16-17 (The Message)

As we read one of the most life-changing truths from God's Word from Romans 1, we see that Paul was not ashamed of the gospel, because he knew it was the truth that set him free.  Paul had witnessed the life-changing power in the hearts of those that he walked with, talked with, and most of all shared the gospel with!  As Paul journeyed for Jesus, his actions and his words empowered others to admit they needed God, believe that Jesus was the one and only Lord, and confess to others the truth that would set them free too.

As I look back at the miracle of my salvation, my life was dramatically changed in EVERY way and because of "...the power of God..." (Romans 1:16), I went home, the very day that I gave my life to Christ, and I became His unashamed witness (I did not know that I was being a witness, I just could not keep my life-changing experience and the love of God to myself :-) ! )  As I began to share Jesus on my little street in Houston, Texas, God began to impact the lives around me "unto salvation" (Romans 1:16) through His love that was shared through actions and the truth of God's Word.  I began to experience God as His witness for the very first time as I learned that many were also searching for direction and purpose in their lives.

As we share Jesus with others, our testimony is one of the most powerful things we can share.  How has Jesus made a difference in your life?  How has Jesus made a difference in your life years ago, months ago, weeks ago, days ago, today?!!  As His witness, we always have something we can share as Jesus lives and works in and through our lives as His followers....I believe that this is one way that God keeps me full of His courage to share the Good News of Jesus Christ as He defeats any fear, pain, or shame that the enemy tries to silence me with!!!!

Is the life-changing power of God alive and active in your life today, are you His fearless witness when you are at the store, at a resturant, at work, on twitter, on facebook, at school, in the bleachers at the ballfield, at the bank, when you are shopping, at the nail or hair salon, everywhere you go?  If not, what fear, pain, shame, or other obstacle, has the enemy tried to silence you with?  Throw it off, lay it down, give it to Jesus, trust Him and do what you did when you were first His witness!  " For you will be a witness for Him to all people of what you have seen and heard."  Acts 22:15 (HCSB)  "You are to be a key witness to everyone you meet of what you've seen and heard."  Acts 22:15 (The Message)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNS5tGUoBCs  ( I Am Not Ashamed Of The Gospel! - Heritage Singers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euPKtGqcu0w   ( No Turning Back! - Chris Tomlin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KsfwvpcQhY  ( Trading My Sorrows!)