Monday, May 13, 2013

Entrusted

"Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you" 2 Timothy 1:14, NASB

Paul tells Timothy that he is to guard the treasure entrusted to him. In this verse, he also says that the Holy Spirit will help him to guard that treasure.  That treasure is the gift of Christ. It is the gift of faith that has been entrusted to him as a believer.  Timothy has the treasure of Christ and the calling as a teacher to pass on the truth of the Word of the Lord that has been entrusted to him. Paul reminds Timothy that he is not alone on this mission, God is with him.

In a world that is so full of people who do not want to trust Christ, it is comforting to know that God is still at work in our lives helping us to treasure His gift of eternal life, His everlasting love and the hope of His calling. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, we know that we can share the good news of Christ with others. We can be true to our calling. Regardless of what they say or do, we can guard the treasure that has been entrusted to us.

Just like you, I have been involved in several recent conversations with those who deny Christ. I thank God that it is not my job to convince or convict them, but I can guard the treasure entrusted to me,

Lord, help me to share. Help me to guard your truth! Amen.