Friday, May 17, 2013

Too Busy to Pray?

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
 for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  (I Thessalonians 5:17-18).
 
                                       I got up early one morning
                                        And rushed into the day
                                     I had so much to accomplish
                                  That I didn't have time to pray.
 
                                     Problems just tumbled about me
                                      And heavier came each task;
                            "Why doesn't God help me?"  I wondered,
                                      He answered, "You didn't ask."
Sharon Beougher
 
                         I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "You didn't seek."
 
I tried to come into God's presence,
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,    
"My child, you didn't knock.:"
 
                                  I woke up early this morning
                           And paused before entering the day
                                 I had so much to accomplish
                                 That I had to take time to pray.
 
                      Lord, help us not be so busy that we don't take time to pray. 
                      Teach us how to pray without ceasing.  As we pray, always
                      let us be aware of at least one person we can pray for to
                      come to know You and Your plan of salvation.