Friday, July 12, 2013

A Malaysian Opportunity

"Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of  the opportunity" (Colossians 4:5)

The past two weeks my husband and I have been in Malaysia so that he could teach some classes.  In the area where we were, it is illegal to witness to Muslims.  If a native Malaysian witnessed to a Muslim, he or she would go to jail for three years.  If a visitor was founding witnessing to a Muslim, he or she would be kicked out of the country.  I passionately prayed that I would conduct myself with wisdom, but that I would also make the most of any opportunity.

We had four nights of relaxation before we went to the school.  I was reading by the pool (yes, it was wonderful!) and a lady from England plopped down next to me and said, "I just want to be friendly because this is our last day here."  I ended up talking to her for an hour and then moving over to where her husband and two teenage boys were sitting, where we talked for two more hours. It was natural to talk about the different religions in Malaysia by observing the many different kinds of dress and customs.  The conversation opened up easily to be able to share the gospel in depth and to show evidence of the truth of the Bible, who Jesus is and of His resurrection.


Sharon Beougher
They had not heard any of the things I told them.  No decision were made, but seeds were planted.  The wife came to her own conclusion that it would be better to believe than to sit on the fence just hoping she was doing the right thing.  As they left the hotel, the wife left me with her email address and asked me to stay in touch.  I left them with a HeartCall tract and another little booklet I had with me.  God answered my prayer!