Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lord find me faithful

19 “Now after a long time the master of those slaves *came and *settled accounts with them. 20 The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ Matthew 25:19-21 (see whole parable in 25:14-30).

This week's blog comes in the form of a prayer request. This weekend, I was reminded again of the parable of the talents found in Matthew 25 and Luke 19. Many of you know that one of the keys to effective leadership is found in verse 21 of Matthew 25, be faithful in a few things and God will put you in charge of more. Throughout my life, I have found that when I am faithful in the few things that God gives me, he blesses and broadens my responsibility. It is amazing that even when doing the smallest tasks, God sees the faithfulness and He blesses it. As I have taken on the job of starting a full-blown ministry of my own, it has been the most blessed and yet the hardest thing I have ever done. People have invested in God's work and more than ever before, I desire to multiply what has been given - physically, financially and spiritually. I desire to once again be found faithful. Please pray that I am.