Monday, March 29, 2010

Lift Up Jesus


"And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” John 12: 32, ESV)

"For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice" (John 18:37b, ESV).

It is so easy to get sidetracked with good and even great things. Easy to forget why we are here, easy to be overwhelmed with a huge to-do list, easy to forget the main thing - Jesus Christ and the incredible, incomprehensible sacrifice that He made for us in His life and in His death.

This week, I am going to concentrate on lifting up Christ. I'm going to try to keep from complaining about doing my dissertation, keep from being overwhelmed about the economy and how it is messing up our lives, keep from being discouraged that our house is still in the never-ending remodeling state, and keep from complaining that I am gone 3 weeks in April, keep from complaining...(okay I am stopping here).

I'm going to lift up Christ. I'm going to try to focus on the fact that I have ONE MAIN PURPOSE: to witness about Christ in my words, how I treat people, and how I live that out every minute of every day. If I'm quiet this week, you will know why. I am choosing to reflect on that fact this He is Risen and that I need to start living like it!

Will you join me?

"Trust no one, not even the finest saint who ever walked this earth, ignore him, if he hinders your sight of Jesus Christ." Oswald Chambers