Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Count On It!


If I could guarantee you a 100% success rate on something, would you be willing to do it? Let's say I could promise it was biblical, moral and had huge benefits in addition to the 100% success rate with what you would be doing. If this happened, many people would be willing to sign up without knowing many of the details. In fact, in our current economy, people are choosing to take risks with much greater odds. And yet, this guarantee is exactly the promise God gives to us regarding His word. In Isaiah 55:11, the Lord says, "[My word] will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." This is a promise from the Lord that His words will do exactly what He has planned for them to do all of the time. Because of this great promise, we can rest assured that whenever we are sharing Scripture, we are successful. No matter how inadequate or insecure you feel speaking up with a passage or verse and no matter how other people may respond, any time that we are believers are able to utter truths from God's Word, we are guaranteed that those words will accomplish exactly what the Lord intends to be done. Many times I can be deceived and feel like my presentation of the Gospel will affect how a person will respond. I can become consumed with trying to say the right thing or think of the perfect verse to fit the situation. However, God has already done the work to prepare the way for His word to be heard, received and understood. It it just our job to speak it out in a world that needs desperately to hear it! This week, my focus is to speak Scripture freely and often to those around me and entrust God to accomplish His work.