Thursday, July 15, 2010

sweet adoration

"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

...Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!"
(Psalm 100:1-2, 4 ESV).
 
Last night, I got to be a part of a time of worship with people from my church and another.  The worship leaders praised God in different ways: one girl gave her testimony in poetic form, a man led the group in repeating some of God's names in song, and a band sang songs like, "You Are Good." They all expressed love and thanks to God in different ways and showed honor to His nature and character.


How do we praise God? This morning, a couple of others and I thought about this as we read Psalm 100. When we pray, we thought of how we could spend more time just thanking Him for His name.


Today, I pray that we remember to praise His name. In places like the picture above, which is a spot along Buffalo Bayou, I can't help but be in awe of our Creator. So, I am going to try to remember to be outside every day to remind myself to thank Him for who He is. What would help you remember to praise His name?

(image from http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMVMR)