Monday, April 15, 2013

Joyful Shouting

 

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. (Psalm 126:5-6, NASB)
When Tracy sent me this verse last night, it was a reminder that those who work a difficult harvest will rejoice when the fruit comes in. As I walk through my days, some are spent pouring over the computer. The pouring over can be the hours of labor working on a project or the tears of frustration of trying to get my technology to work. I know in the end that it will all be worth the effort.
This verse has to do with the work that goes into the harvest of souls. Time spent with those who need the Lord can be joyful but they can also be tedious. Sometimes it seems I watch God opens eyes to His Glory but at other times, it feels like no matter how much I work the field that they just don't get it. We are to keep working the field and to know that God is the one who brings the harvest.
Who are you praying for today? Who needs to know the love of the Lord? What is God calling you to do? Keep your nose to the grind and keep doing the work of answering questions or showing the love of Christ...and keep praying for God to bring the harvest. He will. And when He does, we will all shout with joy!