Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hope and Hide

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You. When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. Psalm 139: 13-16

Read that last line again. God has all of your days planned out for you. That means that you still have choices with your life but that He has your direction planned. He even knew you before you were born, because He decided how He would fashion you. It is no wonder that there is hope for you. The Creator of the universe not only made you, but also He knows what will make you happy and desires that you have a wonderful, hope-filled life.


Hope is found in God
Hope can come from a lot of different places. Hope can come from just anticipating an event or even from something much more important like finding hope in what your job will be.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah. Psalm 62:5-8



When you acknowledge Him alone as your salvation, the Word of God says that He will be your hope and that you cannot be shaken. You may feel shaken and bounced around a bit, but the good news is that it won't have a lasting effect. You can depend on Him as your secure and mighty rock, your very foundation for all that this life on earth holds, as well as the life to come. The Bible says to pour out your heart to Him and trust in Him. When you do, He is your refuge and you can hide in Him.

Some days I have so many choices that I would like to crawl back in my mother's womb and hide. Anyone with me? God hears and understands. Let's pour our hearts out to God. We can hope and hide in Him.
 


Part of today's post comes from HeartCall New Heart. It will be available for shipping at the end of the week! www.jayemartin.com/shop. Order one for yourself, one to give and a case for your church.