Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just 5 Minutes!

"Five times I received from the Jews 40 lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. I have spent a night and a day in the depths of the sea. On frequent journeys, dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own people, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the open country, dangers on the sea, and dangers among false brothers; labor and hardship, many sleepless nights, hunger and thirst, often without food, cold, and lacking clothing. Not to mention other things, there is the daily pressure on me: my care for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation? If boasting is necessary, I will boast about my weaknesses." 2 Corinthians 11:24-30 HCSB

Jaye Martin and I use the phrase "just 5 minutes" everyday when it comes to the spiritual warfare that IS taking place in our lives and in the lives of those that are "Evangelistic Concerned for Others" = a witness for Jesus Christ!

Throughout The Word of God there are countless examples of our "Heroes in the Faith" and the many battles they endured for the sake of the Gospel! One of the greatest missionaries of our Faith, Paul the Apostles, talks about some of the sufferings (spiritual wars) he faced on his gifted2go journeys! As we read 2 Corinthians 11, we can only imagine the twists and turns that Paul experienced as he "fought the good fight", the "just 5 minutes" adventure for the cause of Christ! We do not fight against flesh and blood, dear friends, we are in the midst of the greatest miracle we could ever be a part of: one life after another going from the power of darkness to the miraculous power of The Light & Life=Jesus Christ!! As God's saved soldiers, be ready be on guard, because an evangelistic concerned for others life is the most exciting greatest adventurous Callings that we could ever say "YES LORD" here am I send me! But dear friends, HANG ONTO GOD, because if I began to share with you some of the things that have happened on my great adventure with God, you would not believe the victorious twists and turns that take place in "just 5 minutes"!:-)
"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength. Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics[10] Or schemes, or tricks of the Devil. For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand. Stand, therefore, with truth like a belt around your waist, righteousness like armor on your chest, and your feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace.[13] Ready to go tell others about the gospel 16 In every situation take the shield of faith, and with it you will be able to extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God’s word. 18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. 19 Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the • mystery of the gospel. 20 For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should." Ephesians 6: 10-20 HCSB
(The Great Adventure!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrrjbTc0urk