Saturday, October 17, 2009

Objects in Mirror...


Well, hello blog world! My how life has changed. In the past two months my husband Chris and I have become well-acquainted with our firstborn son! Ah, how love inexpressible has consumed us. Micah Thomas is a perfect example of God's love and favor. We are so blessed, so incredibly thankful! I love being a new SAHM which I recently learned is short for Stay At Home Mom. It is a wonderful life! I am enjoying this new season thoroughly and I just have to say that I'm thankful to be back with all of you. Seeking always a variety of ways to share our Lord Jesus.

When I was just a little girl one of my favorite passages of Scripture contained the famed verse, “You are the light of the world....” It has been a while since I have thought about the gravity of that statement and its ramifications. My mind also held captive the thought that we were called to “Let our light shine before men that they may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 Even at a young age I understood the Gospel and its affect in the life of the believer enough to realize that we were set apart to (as cliché as it may sound) light the way to salvation for our neighbors. I cannot think of many greater expressions of loving our neighbor as ourselves than that! When I consider the impending coming of the Kingdom of God in its fullness I cannot help but be drawn again to the passage in Romans which teaches us “You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.” Romans 13:9b-11 As those saved by His grace surely we must recognize the times in which we live. Indeed in a culture so mutilated by all manner of sin surely we can see the need to be roused from sleep. What strikes me most about this passage is the final phrase though...salvation is nearer to us now than we we first believed. Silly as it may be, it reminds me of the passenger side mirror on every car. The fine print reads, “Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.” Every unbeliever that we cross paths with is in desperate need of that message...the Kingdom of Christ is coming and there will be a great day of reckoning, to best love our unbelieving neighbors we must light the way to Christ Jesus! We must in love and in gentleness, sharing every ounce of the truth, declare His death and resurrection until He comes. For in a time, perhaps even nearer than we think, all things in redemptive history will come to a climatic end and we want as many as would to come and stand on the right side of the cross with us and enter into His divine pleasure. Who in your life today needs to know that the end is nearer than they think? Shed light on that fact, for you and I are THE LIGHT of the world!