Thursday, January 13, 2011

simplicity

"And immediately he proclaimed Jesus in the synagogues, saying, 'He is the Son of God'" (Acts 9:20, ESV).

A friend I grew up with was known for reminding others to "keep it simple."  I thought it was funny, but now I see how valuable simplicity can be.  Even as I clean around my house, it's less stressful for me to clean sections at a time, rather than think about cleaning everything at once. 

I think we can share God's story with simplicity.  The above verse is about Saul (also known as Paul). The time comes after he was saved and healed (Acts 9:1-19). He told others that Jesus was God. I think he said more, but his simple statement stood out to me.

More explanation of God may be needed, but we can begin telling others about Him by explaining a truth of who God is.  Explaining in a simple way can give time for us to listen to the person that we are speaking with.  They may ask questions, like the Jews did in verse 21.  How can we share about our Savior with simplicity?