Thursday, January 6, 2011

where do you run?

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17, ESV

Making new goals for the year really makes me sit and think. In reflecting on the past year, I can see how I need some "rehab" in areas of my life. Someone once told me that if computers were just repaired, then we would not have to buy new ones every few years. I do not know much about computers, but I do believe that God does not wish to throw us out, and He has the unique ability to "repair" us.

It baffles me how God is not only is pure and just, but also forgiving. In Zephaniah, I see how God is just. In chapter 3, verse 17, we can see how God has this joyful love for us. He:
  • is with us
  • saves us
  • takes delight in us
So, God, ruler over all, loves us. He wants us to know Him, follow Him, rest in Him.

Where will we run this year?  How can we help others see how He loves?

Some songs, with links to youtube.com, that stand out to me:
  • "Tremble" by Nichole Nordeman – "Face down on the floor/Do I dare to take the liberty to stare at you?/Oh, let me/Oh, let me not forget to tremble."
  • "What a Miracle" by David Crowder Band – "O King of Kings/Our Sacred Joy/What a miracle/You come for all."
  • "Okay" by Flyleaf – "It's too important for us to forget/...God will hear and save/God will hear and save us."