Sunday, September 29, 2013

Drowning!

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-7, NASB.

I find myself drowning in a sea of clutter. Thousands are of emails clog my inbox, my to-do list seems to fill my journal, numerous notes go unwritten and it feels like everything and everyone I see is in need of something. Whether the clutter comes from things to do or from accumulating dust or from laundry, I never seem to catch up. Burying myself under the load of responsibility only makes matters worse because tomorrow, there will be more emails that need a response, more things to do, notes to write and more people who think they need my help. Is anyone with me? Lol, don't send me an email!

It is times like this when I need to keep my perspective. In James, God clearly speaks
through His Word. If we need wisdom, we are to ask Him. We don't need to be blown by the wind and become wishy-washy, second-guessing each decision nor do we need to drown in the sea of doubting. We don't need to become paralyzed because we don't know what to do first, we need to ask God!

I find that sitting down and praying over my list brings new perspective. God helps me see what really needs to happen and what I need to act on. Sometimes things have to be left because they are good things but not the best things. I am so grateful to God that He never intended for me to be overwhelmed but He did intend me to ask Him for direction...and to act on what He wants me to do.

Today, let's ask Him for wisdom to that we do the best things and leave the rest!