Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Isaiah 46:9-11

"For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose, calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it." Isaiah 46:9-11
Kari Beougher

We can rest in the sovereignty and supremacy of our God. There is truly none like Him. In the midst of confusion and when we feel like we don't know the next step, we can be certain that God knows everything from the beginning to the end, even the things that have yet to happen. Not only that, but we can trust that there is nothing and no one that can keep the Lord from accomplishing what He has purposed or planned. Therefore, when circumstances or situations seem contrary to His character; when hardships or trials seem hopeless, when we feel uncertain of the future- we can have confidence in the plan of a God who can do all things. 

Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will." Government decisions, work situations and relational circumstances are all within the Lord's sovereignty. None can upset or frustrate His plans. He works "all things according to the counsel of His will" (Ephesians 1:11). We can trust that the promises of the Lord will be accomplished.

Today, may we say with Job, "I know that you can do all things and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted" (Job 42:2). May we rest in the sovereignty, purposes and plan of our good and gracious God. May we be comforted that the Lord is the one who directs our steps (Proverbs 16:9) and His purposes always prevail (Proverbs 19:21).