Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Light and Shadow"

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands"  (Psalm 19, HCSB).

My heart beat stopped at first glance of these mountains in Winter Park, Colorado.  It humbled me and put me in awe of God.  My friend reminded me the other day of how it is a miracle that this King over all loves us and died for our sins.

This morning, a couple of weeks after seeing the beautiful scenery in the photo above, I read status updates and news about the deadly tornadoes in Alabama.  When I lived in Texas, I remember meeting families and hearing their stories of loss during hurricanes.  I pray for the families who are suffering presently, in Alabama and in other parts of the world.   

Jesus has risen, and I pray we rest in knowing He is here.  I pray we remember that God  - who created all and who has the deepest love - loves us.  Also, I pray we remember to share the hope we find in Him with others.

"When all seems lost
when we're thrown and we're tossed
we remember the cost
We're resting in the
shadow of the cross."
-David Crowder Band, in their song "Shadows"

Link:
News about Alabama storm, with summary and photos - news.nationalgeographic.com