Monday, December 14, 2009

Choices

"But if it doesn’t please you to worship the Lord, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship" (Joshua 24:15a, HCSB).

Life is full of choices. Some days I have so many decisions to make that I can't even think anymore. Many of the choices are minute and don't seemingly have much eternal value. Others will change lives forever.

This weekend, we have just begun the long process of having our master bathroom fixed. It is hard for me to believe that I was ever in the design business. There are so many choices out there and every decision seems to affect something. The tile on the shower walls changes the tile on the floor, the trim, the paint color, and even the sinks we use. The finished product will be changed and I have been reminded that these choices are ones that I have to live with the rest of my life! While they don't have eternal value, they do remind me of the importance of making the right decision at the right time.

On a daily basis, we must choose to serve the Lord. In fact, we must choose the Lord at every turn. Do I pray about tile choices? I do. I admit to praying about everything. So I sure pray about many more important choices. Do I ever make the wrong decision? Of course...but hopefully not on purpose.

Choose the Lord. Pray about choosing Him at every turn. Let's make sure that we choose today to worship the Lord with every decision we make. As leaders, people are counting on us to make the right decision.