Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keep It Simple!

Jesus Said, "All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:29-30 (HCSB)

Rushing around, cramming everything in, too much to do....and on and on! God is reminding me in several gentle ways that He is never in a hurry or worried. My encouragement to you and myself today, based on Matthew 11:29-30 is "Keep It Simple"! Let's Keep Jesus at the Center of Christmas as we simply love Him, worship Him, adore Him, prepare for Him, and most of all SHARE Him as we are going about in our daily activities! Just last night we had the joy and privilege of sharing Jesus with a waiter at a restaurant and God used the neatest attribute to draw him into my husband and my conversation...PATIENCE! We were patient with him and he needed that expression because there was much hustle and bustle going on around us at the other tables. As God's evangelistic out-to-eaters, He will use the simplest ingredient to reach someone for Jesus. We may not have led our waiter to the Lord, but we planted seeds of God & His Gentle Peace & Love! As we planted these seeds, God gave us a great gentle reminder to keep keeping things "simple" in everything we do, even in the enjoyment of eating out at a restaurant! As my husband and I enjoyed our meal, expressed our appreciation to our waiter, paid for our bill, and included a unique witnessing booklet for our male waiter...Jesus was Glorified in The Simple!

Keeping It Simple With You as we put on The Lord's EASY and LIGHT yoke of Christmas!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K2ocj4BvUQ (Light a Candle!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mFCXbhKaEQ (Glory to God!)