Thursday, December 17, 2009

a marathon to inspire


"The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:25).

In Lamentations chapter three, the spiritual leader Jeremiah points out how the power of God is greater than the power of the Israelites' enemy, the Babylonians. John Maxwell notes how Jeremiah, "dwells on his vision of God's plans: God will deliver His people and give them a hopeful future."

Jeremiah explains in Lamentations 3:22-23: "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not; they are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness."

About three years ago, my friend Jackie (pictured above on the far right as an "iPod") went into a coma after getting hit in her car by a drunk driver. About two years later, she came out of the coma. She is now out of it (praise God!), yet she is still in recovery and is not able to live on her own. However, this past week, I learned that she was able to participate in a marathon!

Her family, friends, and community have been lifting her up in prayer all of these years. I believe that her family's faith in God's divine power has helped them push through the doubts that could have held them back as they raised money to help Jackie recover. Today, they are thankful to see her alive once again.

As this year wraps up before the holidays, I have seen how God's power and wisdom are beyond my understanding and worthy of my trust. So much in my life has changed, but I have been blessed to see what He has revealed to me about HIs plans so far!

Psalm 37 explains: "Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you" (verse 5).

As we approach this season, I pray that we trust in the power of God and are able to share with others the unending love that He has given us!

The link to Jackie's story:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/more/Woman-injured-by-drunk-driver-to-participate-in-marathon-78913677.html