Monday, December 7, 2009

Who cut in on you?

“You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the trust? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you.” Galatians 5:7-8 (NIV)


I just love this verse. It always speaks to me. Sometimes I am great at accomplishing my goals but at other times, I just stop mid-stream. This verse hits the problem head on...what stopped me from running my race? Whoever or whatever it was, it wasn't the Lord. If He called me to do something, then I need to finish what I started.

I have to admit that I have a long list of things that need to be finished. I'm a good starter - sort of an apostle if you will - but I fall short of the completion part.

Right now, I admit that I blew it.

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NIV


God is there for you and me when we blow it. He knows we are weak and cannot follow through on our own. He wants to be our strength and our power. Today, I'm focused on that. No matter who or what cut in on me, it wasn't as strong as God's power that is available.

Lord, help me to run the race that you have given me with your power.