If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of 100 people, with the existing ratios remaining the same, our world would consist of: 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 N & S Americans, 8 Africans, 52 Females, 48 Males, 30 Whites, 70 Non-Whites, 30 Christians, 70 non-Christians, 6 people would own 59% of the wealth, 1 would own a computer, and 1 would be college educated.
- If you woke up this morning more healthy than ill, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, or the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you can attend church meetings without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
- If you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over you head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the people in the world.
- If you have money in a bank,m in you wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
- If your parents are still alive and still married, you are rare.
- If you can read this, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.