Henna Drawing Contest!
Jaye Martin Group (JMG) will choose up to five simple drawings for use in henna evangelism. Those with wiinning original designs will be paid $50 for each one.
Selected designs should follow these guidelines:
- Submissions should be one design per page, 8 1/2" x 11", in PDF or scanned format. If selected, originator agrees to send the original document, paint, publisher, or other file.
- Design should be no larger than 3" x 6" (actual size) and no smaller than 2" x 3".
- Pattern should be simple enough to be reproduced in henna.
- The henna pattern should tell the gospel story. Two examples would be to use the HeartCall method (heart, cross, & arrow) or the Gifted2go concept (empty box, cross in box, and bow). However, any simple design that communicates the gospel will be considered.
- Designs should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight, August 20, 2011.
- The gospel presentation does not have to be included but if the design follows a certain verse or format, that can be included in the email or on the design page.
- Winners will be notified by September 1, 2011.
- Winners will be listed on this blog: http://jayemartin.blogspot.com/.
- Designs become the property of JMG.
A great website about using henna evangelism is http://www.go2southasia.org/resource/evangelism/henna/.
These designs are beautiful and quite complicated and we would like to simplify the process so that any woman could draw the designs in ink or henna, sharing the gospel message as she draws.
Just to get you started, here are some ideas that might be converted into a henna pattern: