Sunday, August 21, 2011

Top Ten Mistakes Women Leaders Make - #1 Not being faithful with small

#1 Not being faithful with small

His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' (Matthew 25:21, ESV).

Has God given you something to do, but you have not gotten around to doing it yet? Hmm...then you just broke the first law of my list of things that net in you being an ineffective leader...not good! Stop reading this and go do it!

One of the mistakes I have made (and seriously, still make) is that I'm so busy planning ahead with God that i forget to do the basic things first! Maybe I'd been asked to teach somewhere and instead of preparing, I can catch myself planning my next book. And can you even imagine writing a blog rather than working on the first and important step of writing my dissertation? Maybe you are in the same boat. God has asked you to do something that seems small and insignificant: making a phone call to a lost friend, getting to know the new neighbor (who moved in months ago and I have still not met), or something as simple as picking up my room. Whatever the task, when God asks us to do something - no matter how small - we are to do it...immediately.

When we do the small things, He honors the obedience and gives us bigger things to handle and be in charge of. Let's be faithful with small today. What is He telling YOU to do? Go! You are gifted2go do it!

Praying with you to be faithful in the small things!