Thursday, February 16, 2012

music that draws us closer

"Shout triumphantly to the Lord, all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Acknowledge that Yahweh is God. He made us, and we are His - His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For Yahweh is good, and His love is eternal; His faithfulness endures through all generations."
-Psalm 100:1-5, Holman Christian Standard Bible

This song was the first on my playlist today, and I thought it was a great prayer.  Music speaks and it can move people.  Music like this has drawn me near to the God who is actually already near to His people.  It's also an easy way to express our faith, a way we can worship our Savior and tell others about how God invites us to have a relationship with Him.  So, here are the lyrics to the song:

"All I Need" by Shawn McDonald

"As I sit here and think about all that you've done
About how you gave me your one and only Son
And I'm trying to fathom about all that you are,
But live so far, Lord, you're so beyond me

I fall down in reverence and I fall down in fear
And I'm asking You, Lord, won't You please draw near?
Would You open my eyes so that I can see
The way that You are working in me

All I need is Your love
To come and fill this heart of mine
My heart is a desert that has gone dry
I need Your love to carry me by by by by by
To carry me by by by by by
To carry me by

And I lay down my life and put it before You
All that I am is in Your hands
And I'm not going to question why You're so faithful
Why that You give me the blessings that You have

Let the glory be known, let the glory be shown
To lift you up unto the throne
You are my God, You are my King
To You I give, I give you everything

All I need is Your love
To come and fill this heart of mine
My heart is a desert that has gone dry
I need Your love to carry me by..."

A link to his song on his MySpace website - "All I Need" (Audio)