Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Remember Whose You Are!


"A Simple Healthy Formula for Godly Self-Esteem & Self-Worth!"

Valentines Day was yesterday, but we are surrounding with "hearts" everyday! God wants our heart to be in good condition so that He can use us to share Him & His Love with others! Let's talk about the heart (the seat of our emotions) today according to the TRUTH in God's Word!!

In order to apply God’s Truth about self-esteem & self-worth, let's look at 3 lies that the enemy & the world portrays, especially to women, as self-esteem & self-worth keeping in mind that they are 3 HUGE LIES!!!

Then we will look at the ONE true message from GOD…He Is TRUTH!!!

3 LIES that women are told from the enemy & the world:

1. Self-Esteem & Self-Worth = What You LOOK LIKE: At one time or another we all have been caught in a trap of lies from the enemy and the world of being overly concerned and/or at times obsessed (narcissistic) over: Weight, Body Shape, or Appearance…always leads to negative thinking and negative self talk!
"The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can't help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this idol that I'm holding in my hand a lie?" Isaiah 44:20 NLT

2. Self-Esteem & Self-Worth = What You DO: At one time or another we all have been caught in a trap of lies from the enemy and the world of being labeled by what we do to be accepted or to measure up to standards that are unrealistic: Perfect Wife, Perfect Mother, Perfect Home, Everything Organized, Over-Achiever, Climbing the Career Ladder, Striving to be Successful, Making Good Grades, Talented, Club Member, Up-To-Date Scrapbooks, What I Do Is Who I Am = obsessed with (narcissistic) accomplishments/achievements always leads to negative thinking & negative self talk!
"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8 NLT


3. Self-Esteem & Self-Worth = What OTHERS THINK About You: At one time or another we all been caught in a trap from the enemy and the world of being overly concerned and/or at times obsessed with (narcissistic) being a people pleaser: Approval From Others, Trying To Fit In, Doing Whatever It Takes To Be Accepted, Trying to Look Like You Have It All Together, Trying to Be Accepted By The “In” Crowd, Being A Follower Of Others, Closed Relationship Clicks…always leads to negative thinking & negative self talk!
"...For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth—the one who accuses them before our God day and night..." Rev.12:10b NLT


All of the above traps will lead to: low self-esteem/low self-worth, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of the future, fear of all kinds, the blame game, shame, anxiety, displaced anger, self-pity, being passive, eating disorders, isolation, depression, withdrawing from others, loss of creativity, negativity, perfectionism, critical spirit, controlling/manipulating others, co-dependant relationships, gambling, alcohol and/or drug use to escape emotional pain = negative strong-holds!

GOOD NEWS!!!!! God’s ONE True Formula for Self-Esteem & Self-Worth is....

Who You Are In JESUS CHRIST!! = True Self-Esteem & Self-Worth: "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed me in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me,O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" Psalm 139:13-18 NLT

Please take some time and look up these PROMISES about who you are in Jesus Christ and please share Him with others....all we need to do is look at the news, culture, people our lives touch everyday and see that people are needing to know JESUS & share Him with others!! God made us to Know Him & be His Witnesses, that is WHO WE ARE!!": Psalm 17:8; Romans 8:1-2, 15-17, 37-39; 2 Cor. 4:16-18, 5:17; Eph. 2:10; Colossians 2:10, 3:12; 1 Peter 2:9

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jer.29:11-13 ESV

A Few Resources that help with Self-Esteem & Self-Worth: “The Search for Significance” Robert S.McGee; “Healing of Damaged Emotions” David A.Seamands; “Breaking Free” Beth Moore; "The Blessing" Gary Smalley & John Trent

Some websites to help you in your walk with the Lord & your witness for Christ!
www.jayemartin.blogspot.com www.womensministry.net www.pointofgrace.com www.womensministry.net www.family.org www.christianwomentoday.com www.JourneyOfJoy.com www.RetirementWithAPurpose.com www.namb.net www.lifeway.com www.lroof.org www.insight.org www.turningpointradio.org www.justbetweenus.org

If You Need Prayer and/or Encouragement: Tracy Jones ~ tjonescomm@swbell.net

http://www.godvine.com/Beautiful-by-MercyMe-For-Anyone-Who-Doesn-t-Feel-Beautiful-565.html (Mercy Me-Your Beautiful)