Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Set your mind...and go

"Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth." Colossians 3:2

Last night I saw an ad on TV for bing.com. It claims to be a new search engine that sets your direction and makes decisions for you. I looked at the site this morning and decided that it wasn't for me. I don't want unknown pre-set tabs in cyberspace determining my direction. I started thinking about it and I decided that there is room for some thought here. We are bombarded with information. Information overload can shut us down and keep us from deciding anything. Too many options; too many decisions. What are we to do with all this information... even on spiritual things?

In Colossians, Paul tells us to set our minds on things above and not on earthy things. When we focus on God and His Word, it rules out many of the choices. When we stick to what is the best thing to do; then we are able to focus. Even when we think about all the evangelism tools out there, it can be easy to be immobilized and just shut down. My thought is that we need to pray and go. Stop worrying about how or when or what…just go. Set your minds on God and go overflow onto others…as you go.