Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real!

"Therefore, I remind you to keep ablaze the gift of God that is in you...For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment."

2 Timothy 1:6-7 (HCSB)



As we prepare to share Jesus with others, the enemy uses one of his tricks to cause us to NOT witness...FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real! God is not the author of FEAR, and through His Spirit He causes us to "FEAR NOT"!

I would like to share with you three FEARS that the enemy uses to put out the fire of Godly courage in our gifted2go lives:

  1. FEAR of Rejection! Truth that will set us free from fear=we WILL be rejected by people as a witness for Jesus...BUT we will NEVER be rejected by God! "I ask, then, has God rejected His people? Absolutely not!" Romans 11:1 (HCSB)

  2. FEAR of Failure! Truth that will set us free from fear=we WILL fall short as a witness for Jesus...BUT we will NEVER be forsaken by God! "...I will never leave you or forsake you..." Hebrews 13:5 (HCSB)

  3. FEAR of the Future! Truth that will set us free from fear=we WILL not be in control of the results as a witness...BUT we can leave the future up to our Faithful God that is Always in Control! "So, what is Apollos? And what is Paul? They are servants through whom you believed, and each has the role the Lord has given. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth." 1 Corinthians 3:5-7 (HCSB)
A "Gifted2Go" Word of Testimony: As a first-generation Christian, from the age of 22 when I first heard the name of Jesus, God called me to share Him with others from the day that I accepted Him as my Savior. I will never forget my first pastor sharing with me the very day that I became a Christ Follower for me to "Go, and Share with Everyone What Had Just Happened In My Life"...that is what I did, because FEAR was not something that I was feeling in my new LIFE in Christ, it was a moment full of FAITH! My first day as a believer I went door to door on my street as I shared with my neighbors how I had just given my life to Jesus; the responses from my neighbors were mixed from words of affirmation & joy as I learned that some of my neighbors said to me "that they had been praying for me and my husband (it was clear that we needed the Lord-Lost people look like Lost people!), but there were also some negative reactions from some of my neighbors and extended family that were not believers yet. With each negative reaction the enemy tried over and over to discourage me from being God's witness through the rejection that turned into the fears that I listed above...that is where the importance of discipleship and evangelism training came into my life (PTL!)...with every TRUTH that I learned and lived out from God & His Word, The Holy Spirit turned my FEAR into FAITH not just once but over and over again even up to this day 26 years later since the very time that I first heard the name of JESUS and ran to HIM with ALL MY HEART and made the sold-out commitment to follow Him and Share Him as His "Evangelistic Concerned for Others: Gifted2Go" Witness!!

What specific FEAR is stopping you from being God's Witness? Will you join me in giving God all of our FEAR as we exchange FEAR for FAITH? YES, LORD!! "...Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness, access, and confidence through faith in Him"!! Ephesians 3:12 (HCSB)

Enjoy these 2 songs that remind us that God has set us FREE from the chains of all FEAR!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mNT0axB9U


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrO5KGCNGHM