Saturday, September 18, 2010

Simple Truth

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14

As leaders of women we are to serve as living examples of Christ Jesus and His love. This commandment is simple but at times proves difficult for us to do. Beth Moore once said and I paraphrase, "God measures maturity in how we love." If our maturity is reflected in how we love our neighbor, in how we share the Gospel, in how we serve the widow, in how we take care of the poor, what do the women in our church see? Are they being shown the way to imitate our Lord Jesus all the more, or are they missing a most key component of our faith, love?


Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14:21


Let's love our Lord better today and in doing so love people.