Thursday, October 28, 2010

check that off?

Romans 11:35-36 reads, "Or who has ever first given to Him, and has to be repaid? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen" (Holman Christian Standard Bible).  


This afternoon, I saw an exercise t-shirt that read, "Check that off!"  It made me question myself, "Do I sometimes obey God like it is a check-off for my to-do list?"  Do we obey Him out of habit?  

God's grace and mercy make His character stand out.  God meets us where we are, no matter how messy life can seem. Action and obedience are important, yet it is God who gives us the strength to follow as we believe in, turn to and trust in Him.

I pray that we will share the Good News of His grace.  We can take a deep breath and rest in knowing that He loves us and is there to guide us every step of the way.


Flashback: 2007 music video by Switchfoot, "You Already Take Me There" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1KgHI5GxA