Monday, October 18, 2010

Let the leaves fall

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:8, ESV).


I don't usually rent a car when I am in Louisville, but for several reasons, I had one last week. What a joy it was to get to drive around and enjoy the beautiful fall leaves. I have to admit that fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm afraid in Houston we don't get enough of it.
 
I was driving down the road and all of a sudden, a quick gust of wind blew across the road and with it came a host of leaves, dancing right in front of my windshield. It was a beautiful sight to behold. It was as if I had been lifted up and was floating! The dead leaves from the trees were being brushed away to reveal the beautiful ones still hanging.
 
It reminded me of how God's Spirit works. He comes down at the most unexpected times, lifts our spirits, cleans up the dead leaves in our lives, and reminds us that there is beautiful changing work that He is doing among us.What a beautiful thing to remember! God is always at work. He desires to work in our lives and in the lives of those we meet.
 
Let's remember to look for the Holy Spirit's work as we go. We never know when His Spirit will fall fresh upon us on on the lives of those we are trying to reach.
 
How can you make a difference in the lives of young women? Bring them to the W conference!
http://events.sbts.edu/wconference