Saturday, October 30, 2010

Follow Me!

And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19, ESV).


The world is screaming, follow me! Look at me! Me, me, me! I want...I need...I think! Somehow in a world all about me, it is easy to get lost in ourselves, our desires, and what is the best for us. The enemy is (unfortunately) doing a good job of getting us off-center.

Jesus said, "Follow me." Over and over again, we see that He continually told His disciples to keep their eyes on Him. He wanted them to know that there was a great cause as stake. There was something more important than what they wanted; it was about what God wanted. Jesus wanted the disciples to follow Him so they could become fishers of men. He wanted the world to know that He was the answer.

I worked at our church's fall festival today. I admit to having one of those "me" days myself. Why am I here? Why did I volunteer? I have so much to do! Yet, as I watched the crowds, I realized how in the midst of all the fun festivities, people were still hurting. You could see it in how they dressed, you could hear it in what they said, you could see it in their eyes. Somehow, God showed me again how important it was that everyone work together for the cause of Christ. While there were a few at the helm, it took many volunteers to make this great outreach event happen. Had it not been for the church, none of us could have individually pulled it off. Today, our church was a gifted2go church. We all worked together, using our gifts, to make a kingdom difference. And while I didn't do much, I was there to lend a smile to those who came.

Let's be gifted2go individually, but let's be gifted2go in our churches. Let's work together to share the love of Christ. It's good to be reminded, that it is not all about "me"!