Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Call To Prayer!


"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men/women to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly as I should be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:2-6
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him/her, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:25
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he/she should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him/her. But when he/she asks he/she must believe and not doubt, because he/she who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man/woman will not think he/she will receive from the Lord." James 1:5-7
Would you please pray the following prayer today for yourself?!!:
"Dear God, I am devoting myself to pray (Col.4:2). I ask you to forgive me of any sin I have committed against anyone (Mark 11:25, 1 John 1:9). I want to be holy so that those I know may come to know You by seeing Jesus in me (Hebrews 12:14). Please give me Christ's servant attitude and give me Your wisdom and guidance (Philippians 2:3-5). I ask that these words and my attitude be gentle and respectful (1 Peter 3:15). I pray that You will give me wisdom as I share with others about You (James 1:5-7). I know You will send The Holy Spirit to guide me and speak through me (John 15:13). I will look for opportunities to witness. Please help me see your opportunities (Colossians 4:5-6). I pray that You will give me the perfect words to say (Luke 12:11b-12, Exodus 4:12). I pray for boldness as I share about Your Son, JESUS, because I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel (Acts 4:29)! ♥IN JESUS' NAME I PRAY, AMEN♥
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with The Holy Spirit and spoke the Word of God BOLDLY." Acts 4:31
As we pray for ourselves and most of all PRAY FOR OTHERS, you are making a HUGE difference for Christ through your Gifted2Go Call To Prayer!!
One specific prayer request that I would please ask you to PRAY for RIGHT NOW is the "W - Women of The Word" Conference and the entire W Team! The "W" conference is November 19-20 and you can click on the "W" on the right side bar to learn more about it as we ask God for specific ways that He would have us to PRAY!!! God Answers His Call To Pray!!!
(all of the above scripture and specific prayer is taken from "HeartCall-Women Sharing God's Heart" written by Jaye Martin copyright 1999, North American Mission Board of the SBC)