Friday, November 12, 2010

Good News!

 
  
 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is God's power for salvation to everyone who believes first to the Jew, and also to the Greek."  (Romans 1:16)

 Tomorrow is November 13th.  I am sure that date does not mean anything to you, but it is my son's birthday.  He will be 24 years old!  He has been married now for three years and has been a Doctor of Physical Therapy for one year.  Wow!   Twenty-four years have gone by since that evening he was born.  I am reminded of the joy and excitement my husband and I had as we shared the good news of his birth to all our friends and relatives.  (We were just as excited to share the news of our daughters, Kristi, Kari and Karisa :) )  We could not wait to call everyone on our list.  Then we told our close friends and family to call others and let them know of his birth.


God sent His Son Jesus to earth as a baby.  Jesus lived a perfect life and then paid the penalty for all the sins of you and me and the world by dying on a cross.  By believing in Him and trusting Him as our Lord and Savior, we have an abundant life on earth PLUS eternal life forever with Him!  Why do we not share even MORE eagerly the good news of the gospel. 



Lord, help me to be so excited about You and what You have done in my life that it just spills out to everyone I meet.  Amen.