Thursday, November 11, 2010

giving our all

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts"  -Deuteronomy 6:5, NIV

What is our direction, our purpose?   Do we follow what God wants, even if it is temporarily uncomfortable?  Can others see how Jesus is our reason for living like we do?

I love how the verse in Deuteronomy 6:5 describes how our whole person can be devoted to God.  Our love for God impacts more than just what we say, what we give, or what we think.  Our love for God can permeate into every area of our lives.

How can we express what God is doing within us?  One idea is to give God the glory, when we are complemented for our character or a success.  We can reach out to that person who is hurting and explain how Christ has brought us hope. 

The artist Lecrae writes, in his lyrics for "Background:"
"I know I'm safest when I'm in Your will, and trust Your Word
I know I'm dangerous when I trust myself, my vision blurred
And I ain't got no time to play life's foolish games
Got plenty aims, but do they really Glorify Your name?"

Today is Veteran's Day.  Please pray for those who have given their lives for our country and its people.

If you want to learn more about how to live as a woman following God today, then I recommend going to the W Conference next weekend, November 19-20, in Louisville, KY.  It will be a gathering of women trying to seek God's Word together to see how to live in devotion to God in our culture today.  How to sign up? Go to W Conference Registration

(photo above from maryjaneryan.wordpress.com)